LAND TRUSTS ARE A TOOL FOR LANDOWNERS.
They are a way for landowners to set restrictions on the future use of their land. A landowner may want to restrict use of the land to logging or cattle grazing, may preserve land as a wilderness or public recreation area, or some other arrangement. Alternately, a landowner may decide to outright donate their land to a land trust if it believes in the mission of such an organization.
THERE ARE MANY REASONS A LANDOWNER WOULD MAKE THIS CHOICE.
Some do it because they value the natural landscape and want future generations to see trees instead of apartment complexes. Some do it to garner tax breaks and keep the property in the family even if the land no longer generates enough cash to cover property taxes. There are many more reasons you may consider using the land trust.
SIMPLY PUT, OUR ORGANIZATION DOES THE FOLLOWING:
- Help landowners consider their options.
- Inform landowners as to tax benefits of creating easement or donating your land.
- Manage easements and land in accordance with the terms set by landowners.
- Use donated land in alignment with local conservation and recreation goals of the community.
- Raise funds to support administration of all of the above.
EXPLORE THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BELOW TO LEARN MORE